At a Glance:
The compact and agile 2wd Honda TRX250TE is ideal for light and medium duty work and a great choice for yard, security or equestrian use.
Engine: 229cc OHV air-cooled engine
Purpose: Light work
Wide gear ratios
The working day can bring many challenges and five forward gears, including an ultra-low first – plus reverse – mean you’ve got plenty of pulling power. An automatic clutch with low engagement point gives fast, easy shifts and excellent towing ability; true engine braking also helps maintain control.
A sealed hydraulic 180mm rear drum brake backs up the dual front 180mm sealed hydraulic disc brakes for progressive all-round stopping power. Direct shaft final drive transmits power efficiently to the rear wheels and is maintenance free.
Up and running
The ultra quiet exhaust is constructed from stainless steel for long-term durability. The transmission features five forward gears with reverse, plus automatic clutch for ease of use. Starting is electric with auxiliary recoil.
Electric Shift Program (ESP)
The Electric Shift Program (ESP) is silky smooth and quick, allowing the rider to shift gear at the touch of a button.
The engine features a high-performance cylinder head. The OHV design delivers a wide, easy to use power band. Capacitor Discharge (CD) ignition features electronic advance plus rev limiter to protect the engine. With the crankshaft in line with the frame you get direct driveshaft alignment to the wheels, improved drivetrain efficiency and a low centre of gravity. And it’s a major contributor to great stability, handling and balance, all features you expect of a Honda ATV.
A lightweight steel double cradle frame provides the Honda TRX250’s strength. Independent double-wishbone front suspension aids rider comfort while the steel swingarm and single shock maintain consistent driving traction to the rear wheels.
It’s Honda’s careful attention to detail that sets our ATVs apart from the rest
- Response: 22mm CV carburettor delivers excellent throttle response and fuel economy.
- Oil cooler: Oil cooler for extended high load use.
- LCD display: Multi-function LCD display provides information at a glance and includes gear position indicator plus neutral and reverse lights.
- Electric starting: Electric starting features auxiliary recoil.
- Exhaust and muffler: Exhaust and muffler are stainless steel for long-term durability.
- Steel cargo racks: Large steel cargo racks front and rear carry loads of 14.9kg and 29.9kg respectively.
- Floorboards: Unique floorboards allow the rider’s feet to grip the footrests while keeping away mud and debris.
- Headlights: Dual headlights features 25-watt bulbs, plus high-visibility LED tail and brake lights.
|Classification||Light work ATV|
|Engine||229cc air-cooled, wet-sump, longitudinally mounted OHV 4-stroke single cylinder|
|Carburation||Piston valve, throttle bore size 20mm|
|Ignition||CDI with electronic advance|
|Starter||Electric with auxiliary recoil|
|Transmission||Five forward gears with reverse, auto clutch with option of manual or electric shift (ESP)|
|Drive||2wd Direct rear drive-shaft|
|Front Suspension||Independent double-wishbone 130mm (5.1”) travel|
|Rear Suspension||Swingarm with single shock, 125mm travel|
|Front Brakes||130mm dual, hydraulic drums|
|Rear Brake||140mm sealed mechanical drum|
|Front tyres||22 x 7-11|
|Rear tyres||22 x 10-9|
|Fuel Capacity (l)||9.1L, incl. 2.6L reserve|
|Bore x Stroke (mm)||68.5 x 62.2|
|Dimensions – Length (mm)||1905|
|Dimensions – Width (mm)||1035|
|Dimensions – Height (mm)||1070|
|Seat Height (mm)||793|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||150|
|Towing Capacity (kg)||225|
|Front Rack Capacity (kg)||15|
|Rear Rack Capacity (kg)||30|